Some People Should Not Write Books

Includes the Six Series, Red Hawks, Super Redhawks, GP100s and SP101s.
Watertender

Some People Should Not Write Books

Post by Watertender »

While getting my vehicle serviced this morning I saw a book entitled "Small Arms Visual Encyclopedia". I had to take a look to see what it was about. I found several glaring mistakes and thought the ROCS should see this one. This must be a very rare revolver indeed.
ruger screwup (2).jpg
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
RoninPA

Re: Some People Should Not Write Books

Post by RoninPA »

Go on Amazon and see all the 5 star reviews. There was just 1 One Star review and that person pointed out a good number of entries that were completely wrong in both description and photo/illustration.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
RocDoc

Post by RocDoc »

Publishers make horrendous mistakes all on their own, even after the authors approve the final version. Maybe that happened with the example you show
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

The book is printed on slick paper so it is not suitable for either fire starting or outhouse use. The author and publisher both leave a lot to be desired.
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
Mohavesam

Post by Mohavesam »

I often find British authors and publishers make tons of idiotic mistakes and erroneous references. I have taken t avoid them for a factual firearms references.
If the author cannot own nor fire a particular weapon, I presume their knowledge stems from studying a gun in a case at some Brit museum...? :lol:
Last edited by Mohavesam on Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
:o It is a Right, NOT a permit.
Political Correctness = Political Submission :oops:
gunman42782

Post by gunman42782 »

You ever read the Ruger book that Patrick Sweeny wrote? Tons of mistakes in that book. The only saving grace was it had some good pictures of the Ruger factory in it, but even a lot of the descriptions of the photos where wrong. He lost me when right off the bat he said Rugers first gun was the MK1!!
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member