Junior ROCS members?

RocDoc

Junior ROCS members?

Post by RocDoc »

Would there be any support for junior ROCS member category if a current member would sponser them? Possibly at a reduced rate?
Charlie1022

Re: Junior ROCS members?

Post by Charlie1022 »

I really like this idea and think it would be a great way to help introduce young people to the fun world of collecting and shooting Ruger firearms. It would be great to see younger people showing what they like to shoot instead of the old and rare guns that seldom if ever get shot. I know that I have already got my grandson into shooting and he always looks forward to coming over and shooting is always high on his list of things to do. He sent me a picture the other day of a target he shot with his new Red Ryder and I was impressed. We need to get and keep young shooters involved in our hobby/sport!
Charlie1022
Charlie1022
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

We have that included in our By-Laws and really need to promote it. We sure welcome them. Excerpt below:

Junior Membership shall be available to individuals between 12 and 18 years of age. The Junior member must be sponsored by an active Annual Member current on ROCS dues that is willing to assume responsibility for the Junior member’s actions. A Junior member shall have all the privileges of membership except the right to vote if a Founding Member or hold office or handle and/or display firearms unless accompanied by a Parent or Legal Guardian. Annual Junior Membership dues shall be established at a base of fifteen dollars ($15.00) and may be changed by a majority vote of Directors and Officers at any scheduled meeting of the Board of Directors.
RocDoc

Post by RocDoc »

Thanks Bill, have never seen the by-laws, is it some where on the web site? I looked around a bit, but could not find it. Yes I think promoting this option for young ones would be a great idea. I'd think many/most would signup their kids/grandkids if they have any interest in shooting.