Old Model .41 Blackhawk

Includes all Pre-1973 Old model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Super Bearcats, Hawkeye
and Black Powder Old Army.
jowdurt

Old Model .41 Blackhawk

Post by jowdurt »

I have found a .41 Cal Blackhawk for sale. S/N is 1004. Seems to be unfired with only light rub marks from a holster on front of cylinder. Depending on source it is a 1965 or 1966 gun.

Has a bag of parts from a transfer bar conversion and there is even a reference in the owners manual (which is dated in the 80s) about the parts being tucked in the upper right corner of the box. Box is a long yellow one that fits the 7.5 inch barreled gun perfectly.

Can I assume that this was sent back for modification and returned with parts with a newer box and an updated manual to account for the mod.

I also learned that these older guns had recessed chambers. Any idea what this may be worth as described?

Any info is appreciated.

SRV
JAYDAWG

Re: Old Model .41 Blackhawk

Post by JAYDAWG »

If you want it, buy it. 8-)

Jaydawg
I do not "own" these guns, I am but the next caretaker
radicalrod

Post by radicalrod »

Well nice find ....is the box two piece (lid and bottom) or a hinged one piece.....the two piece would be the original.
I agree with Jaydog buy it if you like it they aren't making any more old models....
jowdurt

Post by jowdurt »

Hey radical rod,

It is a one piece hinged box. I think it may have inherited the new box and later edition of the manual when it went in for the transfer bar mod. The new manual talks about the transfer bar and there is a note in the box as to where the old parts are stashed.

SRV
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

You would have the parts to put it back original. Love the early 4-digit serial number. As others have said, buy it.
FT44