SS Ruger OA Spotted

bruce

SS Ruger OA Spotted

Post by bruce »

With respect, hope this post is properly placed.

Local sporting goods store has supposedly 10,000 guns for sale. Cool. Was walking and looking and saw a stainless steel Ruger Old Army for sale at $800 plus taxes, etc. Clean exterior. When first saw it, they had to few employees trying to serve to many customers, so I didn't get to handle the revolver. Hope to get by again today or else later this week. Need to know what people think who have experience with these revolvers. Have been thinking hard about buying one of the reproduction C/B revolvers currently offered. Read a article back in the 80's which spoke very highly of the Ruger. This is the second one I've seen in real life. Don't know anything more. Would appreciate any helpful information. Sincerely. bruce.
chet15

Re: SS Ruger OA Spotted

Post by chet15 »

The Ruger Old Army revolver is the cadillac of black powder revolvers... a black powder revolver with modern internal lockwork and coil springs througout.
Chet15
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Bruce you ain't gonna find a better black powder revolver out there. If you were going to get a percussion fired handgun that would be the one to get. Is it adjustable or fixed sights?
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
bruce

Post by bruce »

Went by and gave it another look. Adjustable sights. Handling marks as would be expected of a used pistol. Nothing extreme. No salesperson was available. All busy elsewhere. Hope to get another look later this week. Only problem is my proverbial lack of cash. May have to consider a trade. We'll see. Sincerely. bruce.
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

In my opinion that is a very fair price, hope you can snag it. Better than money in the bank.
Bill