EMAIL SCAM

Anything Ruger related.
Watertender

EMAIL SCAM

Post by Watertender »

Someone hacked my email account and is sending requests for Amazon gift cards to my email and phone contacts. At least one person has bit on it and got ripped off for $200. Please do not fall for it.
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
d findley

Re: EMAIL SCAM

Post by d findley »

I got one of those emails!
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

Several of us did and it also happened to me last year. I think most of us on this and other Ruger forums "know" each other and who to trust and know that if any of us ran into "troubles", we would not ask for any help with an email unless we were very specific about what was going on right up front. I consider myself a pretty good friend of Carl and he would not do this, he would have maybe called to discuss the matter but not an outright plea for money, especially not in gift cards.

I wish I could get my hands on people like this and make them rue the day they decided to try to scam anyone.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Yep, they sent me one too.
FT44
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

I think everything has been straightened out as far as the email scam. The one person that bit on it has been made whole. I will not see anyone bilked in my name and especially one as nice as this man.
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...