Ruger Knives

Anything Ruger related.
RoninPA

Ruger Knives

Post by RoninPA »

Has anyone ever done any research or written anything about Ruger knives. I have some that I'd like to get more info on.

IMG_0418A.jpg
IMG_0418A.jpg (49.21 KiB) Viewed 321 times
IMG_0417A.jpg
IMG_0417A.jpg (34.89 KiB) Viewed 321 times
DSC_0371A.jpg
DSC_0371A.jpg (67.88 KiB) Viewed 321 times
DSC_0370A.jpg
DSC_0370A.jpg (76.33 KiB) Viewed 321 times
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
T.A. Workman

Re: Ruger Knives

Post by T.A. Workman »

NRA Benefactor
Life Mem MOPH
Life Mem USMC
Clyde "Jug" Johnson - Six-Gun Man
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

Thank you Terry,

I have 3, all are autos, the one marked Ruger, All Weather (box is pencil marked "2nd") is a non serrated blade, the other 2, marked Ruger, All Weather, 1st Production Run, one is half serrated/half regular, the other is non serrated. Both of those boxes are penciled on the end "1st".

Nothing else on the blade or boxes, no numbers, nothing.

Think anyone carries one of these regularly or are they so scarce that they are worth more unmolested?

I got them at what I consider a good price (as compared to a lot of auto knives) because in January 2023 Pennsylvania finally removed the law barring private citizens from owning/carrying auto opening knives, and I wanted to get a few to have to use. I have not used these yet because of some (little) of what I read.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
T.A. Workman

Post by T.A. Workman »

Ron,
Nice set of AW knives. The 1/2 serrated blade is the rarest variation that I know of, the pocket clip on mine is different from
the rest of mine. The employee knives are numbered on the back of the blade & on the box and are not autos. They are a tough nut to find. As to carry I carry one of mine on occasion (auto) but would not use the serrated or an employee numbered knife.
Good Hunting
Terry
NRA Benefactor
Life Mem MOPH
Life Mem USMC
Clyde "Jug" Johnson - Six-Gun Man
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

Belated thank you Terry. I just checked mine and all 3 have the exact same style pocket clip. I won't carry either of the ones that are engraved 1st Production Run but maybe I'll put the other one in the carry rotation.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
contender

Post by contender »

From all I've seen of them,, I won't carry any of mine. All seem to bring a bit of a premium. Some,, just a bit more of a premium than others.