RCA Engraved single six

Includes all Post 1973 New Model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Maximums, Bisleys, Vaqueros,
and New Vaqueros.
chet15

Re: RCA Engraved single six

Post by chet15 »

I was always under the thought that the "II" was the mark of Charles Jerred, Jr.
Chet15
rpm enterprises

Post by rpm enterprises »

chet15 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:16 am I was always under the thought that the "II" was the mark of Charles Jerred, Jr.
Chet15
Chad, I have a copy of a letter to Nancy of the RCA and he "Jerred " explains that he will put his initials on the barrel like the original single sixes and put a Roman numeral under the front sight so in the future there would be no confusion from earlier guns done and the new guns. Funny the new guns RCA are stainless and not blued. Another note the cost was 300.00 per gun to engrave and he had to sharpen his tools more due to the hardness of the stainless steel. He figured he could complete about 2 guns a week. I would like to see a RCA certificate that came with the guns stating Jerred Jr. Did some. Dougan could probably know because he did sign some of the RCA certificates.
06dilly

Post by 06dilly »

Rick, below is a picture under the front sight, nothing there on this one. In the one photo you can see that the signature has the numeral 2 to the right. I recall now talking to Bill Hamm when I bought this and we thought this would have been a Jerrod Jr gun. See what you think. I can post more pictures showing the full engraving if you like.

Unfortunately this did not come with the certificate. Does anyone know if it is possible to get a replacement certificate?

TomD
image5.jpeg
image6.jpeg
rpm enterprises

Post by rpm enterprises »

I would tend to agree with Bill. Being nothing under the sight and the #2 by the initials.
JAYDAWG

Post by JAYDAWG »

Great thread.
Thanks to all.

Jay
I do not "own" these guns, I am but the next caretaker
Coogs

Post by Coogs »

I'd look at mine but parted with them 6 years ago at Poulin. Runs in my mind that Jerrad Sr. only completed somewhere between 3 to 5 of the Americans. My certificate did say SR. on it. I'm also pretty sure there are not near the production as stated in RCA Members bulletin #20, when they were announced. 238 of the American series and 20 of the Spanish. These guns were made as they were ordered and were actually not that popular back then (1983). American numbers were suppose to be A1400-A1637.....Spanish S5100-S5119....Don't hold me to this but I heard, way back when....about only 10 Spanish were completed and somewhere around a 100+.............Just my 2 cents......