some that got away

Includes .22 Standard, Mark I, Mark II, Mark III and all Centerfire Semi-Auto Pistols.
Watertender

some that got away

Post by Watertender »

I know we all have Ruger regrets & I was thinking of the ones that slipped through one way or another. One was a well worn Type 1 Red Eagle with a 4 digit serial number 022x... The bluing was gone for the most part & the diamonds on the grips were worn smooth. It had the square chamber but I can't remember if the bolt had been updated. I was short of funds & when I went back with the money it was gone. Such is life....

The second belonged to a family friend & was a tapered ear Standard Automatic that was purchased new in 1954. It was kept in good shape & shot a few times a year. The owner had promised me 1st chance at it if he decided to sell & we shook on the deal. After he died I waited for a couple of months then asked the family about the pistol. I was informed that his son turned it in to the police for "destruction"..... I have a feeling it escaped the scrap pile but it did not end up where the original owner wished it to be.

The third was a T512 Bull Barrel Mark 1 that was traded in by a family member because it kept jamming. It was an A-54 frame made in 1970 with a 10-series prefix. I had told him I thought the problem could be fixed with a good cleaning & new magazine. I took a new magazine over to him & was proudly shown the junk single action .22 revolver he traded it for. The dealer traded him even on the deal & probably laughed to himself on the sucker he just took.

Those are 3 that got away... I am sure there are many similar tales of woe & that isn't taking into account my RST6 that was stolen.... I miss that one
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
Highstandardguy

Re: some that got away

Post by Highstandardguy »

KP678GC - Thought it was a fake until too late; it sold to someone else.
MKIII678G - Wasn't sure what it was because I didn't know that Ruger made any MKIII Government Target Models.