2016 ANTELOPE

doccash

2016 ANTELOPE

Post by doccash »

Not my best effort to date but an exotic and rather large one as well. Horn length is over 16" and the way the season turned out considering the weather and other things to do I'm proud of the trophy and the hunt in general. Shot with a prewar Model 70 Winchester in .257 caliber. Picture is a selfie as I was hunting alone [camera on timed exposure and sitting on a bucket] :mrgreen: Dr.C
Attachments
FU6A3565-SAAA.JPG
FU6A3565-SAAA.JPG (681.98 KiB) Viewed 2823 times
gunman42782

Re: 2016 ANTELOPE

Post by gunman42782 »

Awesome! Not much opportunity here in KY to hunt antelope. Maybe one day I might get the opportunity. Spent a couple months in WY a few years back, and they seemed like they where everywhere. Congratulations!
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Nice one, beautiful animal, good horns for sure. That will sure make a nice mount. You are pretty good with that selfie thing too!!
FT44
ElNumeroUno

Post by ElNumeroUno »

Nice antelope and unusual horns. Great pic of Doc Cash and his game. I won't even be critical of what rifle he used. Since he didn't use one of his neat M77's, he used the next best thing! :lol:
For those of you not from around these parts, the grass you see in the pic is Sideoats Grama, the State Grass of TEXAS.
Hope to see you in Tulsa!
CLN
El Numero Uno
Serious Collector of Early & Rare Ruger No.1 Rifles
www.classicsportingarms.com
RocDoc

Post by RocDoc »

gunman42782 wrote:Awesome! Not much opportunity here in KY to hunt antelope. Maybe one day I might get the opportunity. Spent a couple months in WY a few years back, and they seemed like they where everywhere. Congratulations!
More than everywhere in WY, folks had to shoo the out of their yards in Casper, they ran over them like squirrels around the area, locals called them 'road goats' up there. We nearly hit one most every day on the way to work back then. No respect from those local folks, but best meat I ever ate was antelope.