Buckeye Sports Supply

The Virg

Buckeye Sports Supply

Post by The Virg »

I just posted this info on RCA but thought I would post here also. I was doing some identification work with the RENE info I received recently after becoming a new member. I have a S32X 32-20/32H&R Mag (no box or papers but appears to be unshot) and a S3840 38-40 / 10mm auto with orig box and shipping sleeve plus all papers, and I believe also unshot.. Both have the Buckeye on the top strap. They both have the same identical last 5 digits (serial #). The S32X has a prefix of 610 and the S3840 has the correct 611. I bought each one a year apart and from different sellers. What are the odds of this happening?
I had to have my wife make sure I wasn't seeing things. Anyway, just wanted to share and see if any of you have ever experienced anything like this. Any opinions or info would surely be appreciated.

The Virg
ElNumeroUno

Re: Buckeye Sports Supply

Post by ElNumeroUno »

Generally, the people receiving the Low Number Program Rugers got the same serial number for both. Picking up same 5 digit numbers randomly is pretty long odds. You ought to go get a raffle ticket while your luck is good!
Welcome; you ought to join ROCS to go along with your RENE subscription.
El Numero Uno
Serious Collector of Early & Rare Ruger No.1 Rifles
www.classicsportingarms.com
The Virg

Post by The Virg »

ElNumeroUno wrote:Generally, the people receiving the Low Number Program Rugers got the same serial number for both. Picking up same 5 digit numbers randomly is pretty long odds. You ought to go get a raffle ticket while your luck is good!
Welcome; you ought to join ROCS to go along with your RENE subscription.

Thanks El, Appreciate your input. I have joined ROCS , RCA + RENE. Never can learn enough. You're the 2nd person that told me I should buy a lottery ticket. Think I will today just for laughs and giggles.

The Virg
rugerguy

Post by rugerguy »

Yessir, you did good, and at some long 'odds' to boot,,,,depending on your location, ( or if you did it over the internet) there are quite a few of those Buckeyes around here, in Ohio, being they came from Johns Sporting Goods, also known as Buckeye Sports here in Canton,Oh...not sure it they did in fact go through the "low number" ( subscription) system as we had seen many,,many low numbers around here, as our shop bought supplies , etc from Johns, as well as we picked up from them for another dealer here we worked part time for Veith Sports Supply, and he also had a few of these ,many low numbers...we were told that any of the customers who bought the original 32-20 in 1989, they had the first option of getting the same number ( aside from the prefix) in the 38-40/10mm of 1990, and alas many did not get the "set" though we have had and sold many of them over the years...the box for you 32-20 is not that hard to locate, and can be found at shows or on line from time to time, I recently sold the last one we had setting here in our 'stash'...........
now you need to find the "Buckeye" flap holster that was offered from Bianchi holster back then, and they are normally found in brown ( tan) BUT there had been a few made in black leather also,sorry we got rid of ours maybe 20 years ago.