Consecutive SNs Question

Anything Ruger related.
Rugerologist

Consecutive SNs Question

Post by Rugerologist »

What is the allure in putting together consecutive SN number guns that were intentionally not shipped together from the factory as such? I see people all the time asking for SN this and SN that. It's quite obvious what's going on. Does pairing guns together that were intentionally shipped apart bring added value to them? It seems that in the short run that only the seller would benefit from such a sale. Especially once figuring out why a certain SN is wanted. This question is not meant to offend those that are actively pursuing certain guns but I am genuinely curious about the motives behind it.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Coogs

Re: Consecutive SNs Question

Post by Coogs »

Not offended at all! I resemble those remarks, but not necessarily to make a pair. (got enough of them already) The numbers I'm looking for, in the Max, are for a specific reason. 11588 is the highest number out there, 04804 was used in a Federal ammunition ad. I'd say the Radical one has the consecutive fetish (along with a few others) Love ya RR! JMHO, Jack.
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Coogs, to have one from an advertisement, the lowest, or last I can understand. This seems perfectly within reason and justifiable. Thank you for that reply!
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Coogs

Post by Coogs »

Another I forgot to mention was consecutive numbers, different barrel lengths. That I'm still trying to do......did have a pair of "D" single sixes, consecutive, different barrel lengths.........at one time. Jack.
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Ah, now I see the light!
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Its a real challenge just matching up a consecutive numbered set of the older guns so finding matching numbers is a favorable thing for a collection. Adds some value to the pair. Finding the consecutive numbered pair that shipped together is really a score....and can add a whole bunch of $$$$s....like in a pair of RSSEs that shipped together.
FT44
Doc4429

Post by Doc4429 »

Collectors need goals and finding consecutive serial numbers is one of them. I am lucky to have a pair of white box Super Blackhawks that shipped as a pair, but my main focus is on early 44 Magnums (those shipped in 1956).

Bill :)
Mike722

Post by Mike722 »

Doc4429, I sent you a PM..
Ruger1nut

Post by Ruger1nut »

Chuck part of it is just something to look for. For guys like Radical Rod it is a way of life. I have a couple pairs of Number Ones that are consecutive. One pair shipped as part of a ten gun run (only two that were consecutive) the others were '71 vintage that were shipped separate but were paired up down the road.

I own very early 7mm that I once had a chance to buy one two numbers higher. I passed thinking I would never find the monkey in the middle.. one year later it was listed for sale on GB and I could have had triplets.

David
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

Chuck,

I believe that once you have everything you started out to collect the only thing left for you is to chase serial numbers! Ruger collectors have to have a reason to buy another Ruger. For me it's the different variations.

O M CRAZY