Bisley Flattop 44 Special 7-1/2"

Grizzly

Bisley Flattop 44 Special 7-1/2"

Post by Grizzly »

I recently have a chance to add to my collection a Bisley Flattop 44 special 7-1/2". It is not the "Shootists" but the so called "Mistake". Before we can make a deal, we are trying to find a value. Neither of us have seen any offered to establish a base price. It would be much appreciated for any info that could be shared. Thanks
Brass Frame

Re: Bisley Flattop 44 Special 7-1/2"

Post by Brass Frame »

Not sure of this gun's condition. I have turned down $1K for mine NIB in the shipper. Brass Frame/Lee
Grizzly

Post by Grizzly »

Thanks for the reply, I should have noted it is NIB.
Brass Frame

Post by Brass Frame »

Just keep in mind, This gun was never intended for production and it is a very popular caliber. The value will likely keep rising!
Brass Frame/Lee
Grizzly

Post by Grizzly »

Good point, these are good looking guns, we'll see, hopefully we can find a deal we both can live with. Thanks
LIBERTY FOREVER

Post by LIBERTY FOREVER »

Grizzly is there a specific year you are looking for?
There are still a few of them NIB on GB starting at around $600, (acrylictnk)
I recently missed a good opportunity on a bid for a NIB of each caliber Bisley 1st year production model.
If I recall it averaged out to about $675 per revolver. I was busy at the time and just didn't dig down into it but in retrospect should have. The grips seem hit and miss on the levels of desirability or grade. For me on these New Models this is where the difference would be on $650 vs $800 etc. As Lee said, there not going down and the .44 brings a higher premium as well. I never tire of looking at the cylinders and grips on them.

Good Luck
LIBERTY FOREVER
NRA Endowment
LIBERTY FOREVER

My apologies for the mistake Grizzly, Brass Frame. My curiosity was reignited on the Bisley after reading this post and my recent passing on a offering of first year group of Bisleys. This morning as I began to dig into the history and prices etc I realized I had made a error in my previous post on the availability on the 7 1/2" and it being a Flattop. The Flattop is available in 5 1/2", the 7 1/2" is indeed the rare one Lee & Grizzly, again my apologizes.
LIBERTY FOREVER
NRA Endowment
Grizzly

Post by Grizzly »

Thank you sir, no need to apologize, I for one can't keep up, I'm overwhelmed. I as well never, tire of looking at/for the next Ruger. Sure is something about that 44 spl Bisley Flattop 7-1/2... I just like that gun. We still have not worked out the details but hopefully someday soon it will find its way to my house!
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Good luck, I hope it works out for you, they are fine guns.
Bill
LIBERTY FOREVER

I certainly hope it follows you home some day soon...
LIBERTY FOREVER
NRA Endowment