Our next ROCS firearm

Questions about the Ruger Collectors and Owners Society Inc.
Big Old Boy

Re: Our next ROCS firearm

Post by Big Old Boy »

That is not a bad idea at all, if we stay with Turnbull we know they make guns pretty!
LIBERTY FOREVER

Post by LIBERTY FOREVER »

The 60th anniversary is an awesome consideration, the .44 Super Blackhawk would make a great piece.
LIBERTY FOREVER
NRA Endowment
T.A. Workman

Post by T.A. Workman »

I have tried to return Davids email on these guns and reserve my pair but keep getting a "mail failure" every time.
Is anyone else having this problem?

Terry
NRA Benefactor
Life Mem MOPH
Life Mem USMC
Clyde "Jug" Johnson - Six-Gun Man
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

O M CRAZY wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:03 pm Next year is the 60th anniversary of the .44mag Super Blackhawk and I think it would be a timely and appropriate addition to the ROCS guns.

O M CRAZY
I've been purposefully staying out of this as I don't understand all the logistics and behind the scenes factors involved. I'd never make waves or grumble about these as I think it's a great idea overall and was happy to get on board with the program. So far, in all the posts I've only seen two basic suggestions. A 10/22 and the .44 Super Blackhawk. I'm sure there are things that the society must consider when making these offerings. Predictions of how many will be sold and the profit margin, collectibility, timing of the offering, etc. With next year being the 60th of the Blackhawk, if I had to vote on it, that would be my vote and I think that OM has the right idea. Whatever the next offering is, bring it on.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Terry, I'm not having this problem and I know one other guy who has been communicating with him today. PM me your email and I'll send it to David for him to contact you.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
JAYDAWG

Post by JAYDAWG »

By now everyone knows I am a 10-22 nerd, but I have to agree with OM & Chuck, the Blackhawk would be cool.
I like the big bores, and will buy one for sure. The wheel guns are starting to stack up in the safes....
As a new guy here I do not want to over step my boundaries with my opinion. I just consider myself lucky to be
included in the forum.
Looking forward the the MkIV..........!! :)

Cheers,
JAY
Cirrhitidae wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:27 pm
O M CRAZY wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:03 pm Next year is the 60th anniversary of the .44mag Super Blackhawk and I think it would be a timely and appropriate addition to the ROCS guns.

O M CRAZY
I've been purposefully staying out of this as I don't understand all the logistics and behind the scenes factors involved. I'd never make waves or grumble about these as I think it's a great idea overall and was happy to get on board with the program. So far, in all the posts I've only seen two basic suggestions. A 10/22 and the .44 Super Blackhawk. I'm sure there are things that the society must consider when making these offerings. Predictions of how many will be sold and the profit margin, collectibility, timing of the offering, etc. With next year being the 60th of the Blackhawk, if I had to vote on it, that would be my vote and I think that OM has the right idea. Whatever the next offering is, bring it on.
I do not "own" these guns, I am but the next caretaker
Big Old Boy

Post by Big Old Boy »

I can only imagine what Ruger May do for our ROCS members with the 60th anniversary super Blackhawk I’m in with that and if Turnbull did a rendition oh my.
Big Old Boy

Post by Big Old Boy »

Any updates on our next ROCS firearm, trying to put away some money in advance.
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

A Super Blackhawk is in the works. But it is impossible to get any information from Ruger or the distributor. When you are talking about a 100 or so guns Ruger and the distributors do not get to excited. We can not demand, all we can do is request and than sit on our hands and wait. Right now we are waiting. If I find out when and how much believe me I will pass that information on.

O M CRAZY/aka Vince
Big Old Boy

Post by Big Old Boy »

Thanks for the reply Vince I’m pretty excited about this one.