New grip frame for my Blackhawk. 41

Includes all Post 1973 New Model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Maximums, Bisleys, Vaqueros,
and New Vaqueros.
67stingray

New grip frame for my Blackhawk. 41

Post by 67stingray »

Just got done putting a SS grip frame on my NM Blackhawk 41 Mag. I made a set of grips for it but they just don't work out on the new look, have to make me another set. Got to decide what type of wood to use, maybe Maple like the ones I made for my NM Single-Six in .17. The pics attached are Blackhawk with new grip frame, with original frame and homemade grips and then my Single-Six with the Maple.
Attachments
Blackhawk 41 SS Frame #2.jpg
Blackhawk Grips #1.jpg
17 HMR Single Six - Maple Grips#2.jpg
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
contender

Re: New grip frame for my Blackhawk. 41

Post by contender »

Nice!
I tinker with making my own grips occasionally as well. I have found, for my tastes,, a lighter colored wood is nice looking on blued guns,,, while darker woods go great on stainless guns. The Maple is good,, as is American Holly!
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Good looking setup with the stainless grip frame. I like the maple grips on the RSS too.
Bill
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

Thanks, I think that finding the right combination of types of wood and various metals make the difference in looks, hey but that's just me.
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

67stingray wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:56 pm Thanks, I think that finding the right combination of types of wood and various metals make the difference in looks, hey but that's just me.
That is what makes it beautiful and yours. Nothing nicer than making a piece what you want it to be. A lot of my stuff has been adapted into what I like. Is your 67 a 327 or 427? 396 was only in the '65 C2
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

Watertender wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:41 pm

That is what makes it beautiful and yours. Nothing nicer than making a piece what you want it to be. A lot of my stuff has been adapted into what I like. Is your 67 a 327 or 427? 396 was only in the '65 C2
I used to have a 427 67 but now I'm down to 1 Vette, a '69 convertible with the high performance 350.
Attachments
1969 Corvette conv. #8.JPG
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Everything you've shown thus far is a head turner! Great guns, maple grips, and Corvette! I've found since ridding myself of my old Mach 1 Mustang for a Jeep and aging a bit that I've slowed down. I've got my sportbike should I need to scratch that itch but barely ever ride it. It's an 05 with only 10k miles. Still, if allowed, I'd probably allow my heart rate to elevate for a minute in that car. Beautiful.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

Many thanks for the compliments Cirrhitidae, get out there and get the wind in your hair - you never know what tomorrow brings. That being said I should follow my own advice, I don't get out and run it through the gears as often as I should. If your ever in the neighborhood be a pleasure to take you for a ride.
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Man you have some great stuff indeed! Nice ride and Rugers.
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Sure like your Vette, makes me wish I still had mine. Went through 3 of them many moons ago but sure still like them.
Bill