New GP100 10MM

Includes the Six Series, Red Hawks, Super Redhawks, GP100s and SP101s.
Rugerologist

New GP100 10MM

Post by Rugerologist »

I had been eyeballing this gun since it arrived at my local dealer and was able to trade a few things that meant nothing to me for it. It is the new GP100 model 1775 in 10MM w/ 4.2" barrel. It will be carried in my chest rig from now on when we go hog hunting and with some 220 gr. Buffalo Bore projectiles I've got something for them if they want to beat the brush in my direction. Am looking forward to some range time with it and probably some Hogue Grips. Not that the factory wood Hogues don't feel good but I really like the Rubberized ones on some of my other revolvers.
Attachments
IMG-1889.JPG
IMG-1890.JPG
IMG-1893.JPG
IMG-1891.JPG
IMG-1892.JPG
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
O M CRAZY

Re: New GP100 10MM

Post by O M CRAZY »

Chuck that's a nice looking revolver, a real power house. I feel sorry for the hog that crosses your path :lol:

Vince
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

Congratulations on a nice revolver, I've got one of the Match Champions in .357 and really like it. I guarantee that 10mm will really put a hurting on them hogs.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
gunman42782

Post by gunman42782 »

The GP is a really great revolver. I have had a 4 inch .357 for probably 20 years now, and bought the 3 inch .44 Special when it came out, and I really love that one too! It took a long time, but the 10mm seems to be getting the respect it has always deserved.
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Thank you, guys. How do you typically carry your reloads for these when in the field? It came with 3 moon clips which I have yet to try out. Have never used moon clips in my life! I do have some HKS speedloaders for some of my other revolvers and I don't really like the way you have to twist them to release the cartridges. It's awkward holding the pistol and twisting a knob on the speedloader at the same time. Safariland looks like a good solution! Does anyone have experience with these or their other models? http://www.safariland.com/products/hols ... ml#start=1
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

Chuck,
You can get special holders for the moon clips. You don't HAVE to use the moon clips, but it makes extraction of the fired rounds much, much easier (because the 10mm are rimless cartridges so the extractor doesn't have anything to grab hold of to push them out of the cylinder). And once you start using them, you won't go back, they make things so much better, especially with the 10mm. There are actually many revolver competitors that have their .38/.357 revolvers specially made to use moon clips in competition because it makes the reloads much faster, faster than even the best speedloaders. When I shot PPC competition I used Safariland speedloaders (Comp III's) exclusively as they were the easiest to use - just get the noses of the bullets started and press the end and they are spring loaded so they force the rounds into the chambers.

Here's an example of full moon clip holders: https://www.amazon.com/Hogue-00561-Hold ... B00IWNE4HC

You can also get moon clip holders for concealed carry they would look like this: https://www.simplyrugged.com/ecommerce/ ... parent=671

Hope this helps.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Moon clips are indeed quick to extract and reload. I have an LCR9 that I carry and use moons for it. Go with Simply Rugged, great products. Oh, they are ROCS Digest Advertiser so tell them you heard about them in the Digest too.

Bill
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Will do! Thank you, Ron and Bill, for the advice.
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

It will kill. ~180lb boar caught in a live trap. The 10mm did the job humanely but then it slipped my chest rig and went right in the mud and water while I was dragging him out. I've gotta modify that leather a little bit for better retention when bent over. The hog and gun cleaned up nicely but it made me sick to have had it submerged like that.
Attachments
boar.JPG
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

Ahhh Chuck, it's stainless steel, just run it under the hose and it'll be good as new :D . I'm not a hog hunter (don't think I've ever seen one in central PA) but that looks like a nice sized one and should be good eating.

Yeah, I'd modify the rig a bit so it don't fall out, could be a disaster if it fell out at the wrong time and place.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron