ROCS OGCA Show who plans on going?

Questions about the Ruger Collectors and Owners Society Inc.
Charlie1022

ROCS OGCA Show who plans on going?

Post by Charlie1022 »

The next ROCS display show is coming up in July and just checking to see who else is planning on displaying and or just coming to see the different displays and attend the banquet? If you have not displayed before I encourage you to consider putting a display together and show off some of your favorite Rugers. It is a great way to meet new people and just might help you find something for your collection that you would not normally find. By displaying I find that sometimes they find you when people find out what you are looking for.
I plan on being there with a 10/22 display and hope to see other 10/22 collections there. They are such an interesting gun to collect when you study the history of them.
Ruger is making so many different new guns now if would be interesting to see some different displays of some of the newer models. Remember that when you get in on the ground floor when the new ones first come out it cost a lot less than years down the road and something you missed, want or need is much harder to find and normally cost a lot more.
See ya at the show!
Charlie1022
Charlie1022
Brass Frame

Re: ROCS OGCA Show who plans on going?

Post by Brass Frame »

Thanks for posting Charlie. Some reservations are starting to arrive. We have payments for display tables and banquet tickets. Do not delay, reserving a room, we are limited on the number. Also, clean out your extra auction items so we can continue to enjoy this fine show with awards and other show needs. Finally, please purchase your raffle tickets! This is one fine Shopkeeper that is up for the drawing at our banquet. If you have questions, feel free to contact me and i will try to help. We plan to have a few first time displays at this show. Brass Frame/Lee E.
Big Old Boy

Post by Big Old Boy »

I really wanted to but it is out of reach for me this year, to much going on and to little money. I do hope to see everyone again in Huntsville next year.
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Yep, I plan to be there, really looking forward to another fun time with all of the fellow collectors and Ruger lovers!! I hope you all can make plans to attend, we would love to have you there!

As Lee has said, please consider giving a few things for our auction...nothing is too small or too little!! This is the only way we have to fund our display awards and other display show expenses. Simply send an email to Lee with what you will be sending to him or bringing to the show along with your estimated value of each item that we can use to value our donations for tax purposes.

Also please buy some Raffle tickets for the engraved & color cased Bearcat Shopkeeper, its a beauty!! Check out the pictures below. You can send a check or pay on-line here on our website.

If mailing a check send to:

ROCS
P. O. Box 1026
Killen, AL 35645-1026

Thanks, Bill
14g  Bobby Tyler EM on spurs Pretty Good pic thumbnail_DSC_0063.jpg
Bobby Tyler EM Right Side 2nd pic GOOD pic thumbnail_DSC_0057.jpg
Bobby Tyler EM Left Side GOOD DSC_0052.jpg
14f  Bobby Tyler EM Top of Barrel and Top Strap GOOD DSC_0068.jpg
RocDoc

Post by RocDoc »

Am I missing it? How much for raffle tickets for the CCH engraved Bearcat?
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Doc, there is a loose form in your last Digest with details.
Tickets are:
1 ticket $10, 3 for $25, 8 for $50, 20 for $100 and 50 for $200.

Mail to:

ROCS
P.O Box 1026
Killen, AL 35645-1026

Bill
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

I will be there (along with the wife) and a display of Ruger DA revolvers. Got my reservations at the Holiday Inn done today, working on my display write up, will start to work on the display next week. Always a great time with my Ruger friends.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
Charlie1022

Post by Charlie1022 »

Hey Lee, Any update on the number of displays this year?
Charlie1022
Brass Frame

Post by Brass Frame »

Hey Charlie, I have 12 displays so far, but not yours?? The due date is today, June 1 and I am expecting 3 more plus yours! I will take any and all late comers until June 10.. They need to be sent to the OGCA office with table payment. I also need the prepay for the banquet tickets. They are $40 per person this year - PREPAID. Thanks, Brass Frame/Lee e
Coogs

Post by Coogs »

Tain't goin' to make it this year, again! Building a new house kinda takes priority. 'Bout the time of the show we'll be moving in.............good luck all..............will be looking for lotsa pis, Coogs.