So who has seen this before

All Memorabilia
SonOfaRugerLegend

So who has seen this before

Post by SonOfaRugerLegend »

IMAG0195.jpg
I have one . Actually #1 and #4 of the only 50 ever made . My father and Bill Ruger had them commissioned for an Anniversary of something . I was around 10 when made. .
Attachments
IMAG0196.jpg
RocDoc

Re: So who has seen this before

Post by RocDoc »

Never seen, want $100 shipped for one? Know no but just a joke....
SonOfaRugerLegend

These aren't for sale . But I would put a value on them being #1 and #4 as priceless to me but very rare .

I'm also in possession of 1 of 3 known to my knowledge gold ruger pendent necklaces . My father . Mr Bill and Chief A.J. .
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

I have now seen in person only two other of those very buckles and one pendant. Have even held one of the buckles but they are not in my collection. Can you dig into why they had the buckle commissioned? And please keep the photos coming!
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
SonOfaRugerLegend

I can tell you exactly why . my father had them 2 made from the start . one for him and one for Bill Jr. As a birthday present to bill and him . some how bill found out "cough cough my mother ,cough cough" bill called the the company to make 48 more . so what turned out to be a supprise birtday present turned in to all the top exsecs got one and the others went to family members . I think 25 in all . the other 25 were auctioned off at ducks unlimited dinners and gun club dinners . .

My mom and dad went up to give bill his "surprise present " all the guys in the room were wearing one accept for bill . dad didn't even notice till bill said thank you ."now I can match every one else in here !" dad looked and then looked at mom and laughed .

So what started out as a birthday present turned in to one of those rare Ruger items .
JussBad

Post by JussBad »

Just found this post. Not sure of the story behind the one that I purchased years ago but I will post the paperwork that came along with my purchase. I'm not sure who your Dad was but could he be the "Ron" that is mentioned in the attached paperwork?
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

I'm not sure if Andrew will be back around much or at all but yes I'm certain that is Ron Ackerman mentioned in the letter.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

And by the way, it's truly awesome to have that provenance with it. It goes somewhat well with Andrews version of the story.
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
SonOfaRugerLegend

JussBad wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:19 pm Just found this post. Not sure of the story behind the one that I purchased years ago but I will post the paperwork that came along with my purchase. I'm not sure who your Dad was but could he be the "Ron" that is mentioned in the attached paperwork?

Yes that would be my father Ron Ackerman. And my mother Linda Ackerman. And yes that is the correct story of the buckles . I thought they were commissioned. Found some old letters and then seeing this . I was about 10 when we went up to visit