Chief AJ collectable 10/22's and items.

All Memorabilia
yelsnit

Re: Chief AJ collectable 10/22's and items.

Post by yelsnit »

I am trying to send the pictures. I keep getting denied.
yelsnit

Post by yelsnit »

Photos
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Here are a few AJ 10/22s that I've been able to acquire. There are two world record guns in that mix. The only consecutive ones of the 18 total. Also, the #3 and #4 Indian Scouts which are factory consecutive SN along with the 1 of 1 RCA scout. The Pow Wow is a 1 of 1 and engraved by Otto Ritt who did most of his engraving and the stock was hand painted by Corinne, Red River Camp 1 of 4 painted by Sean Ealy out of Las Vegas, Chief AJ 1 of 200, my own 10/22.....
Attachments
IMG-1141.JPG
IMG-1164.JPG
IMG-1173.JPG
IMG-1178.JPG
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Yelsnit, I'll get back to you tonight. The photos came through loud and clear thank you.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

The Chief sent me these for getting the book submitted to the publisher. Even though I'm not in Alaska, I was honored to receive the biographer appointment. He's a pretty funny guy. It is signed and stamped with the Tribal Seal. The knife was the only one of the throwing knives that Otto engraved. It was done in 1994. It also has the fancy scabbard which I'm told 6 were made.
Attachments
Scan0057.jpg
IMG-1249.JPG
IMG-1250.JPG
IMG-1251.JPG
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
yelsnit

Post by yelsnit »

Your knife reminds me of the one I inherited. My Great Grandfather carried it while serving in the War between the States. My grandmother said that her grandmother said it was carried in the Revolution.
My grandfather was 26 years older than my grandmother. That made foe a lot of interesting history. He was a WWI vet, living to 99 yesars old. I am lucky to have a lot of his souvenirs
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Yelsnit, is there a marine corp. emblem in the stock? Also, it is hard to tell from the photo but does the stock have a "knob" on the forend of it?
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Also, that's a great story. Your Grandfather sounds like an amazing man and I'd love to see his knife. Thank you for sharing with us.
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
JAYDAWG

Post by JAYDAWG »

yelsnit wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:08 pm I hope the photos come through. I just took them with my iPad. It's obvious it's not a altered stock. I really like the rifle a lot, and think many other people would too. Do any of you know anyone building a 10/22 like this?
Yelsnit,
The stock is altered. The Chief removed the pistol grip from the stock. Look at the pics that Chuck posted
of the Pow Wow and you will see the difference.
Also a serial # would help figure out the time frame and therefor help ID your gun.
Cheers,
JAY
I do not "own" these guns, I am but the next caretaker
yelsnit

Post by yelsnit »

With all due respect, the stock has not been altered. If for some inane reason it had been, it would have taken a master dozens of hours, and even that is iffy.

I am a newbie to your forum, apparently there is more to AJ's guns than I know.

Thank you,

Chief Tinsley
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg