Wheel of Rugers

ElNumeroUno

Wheel of Rugers

Post by ElNumeroUno »

This case was an item I received in the purchase of the Fred Davis collection over 30 years ago. It is over 4' square and is too big to haul around. Finally got it mounted on the wall with some Ruger iron in it.
Ruger Wheel.jpg
Ruger Wheel.jpg (131.19 KiB) Viewed 5385 times

Because of the professional manner in which the Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. was added to the bottom of the case, I have felt this might be a Company Display case for one of the Shows from the 1950's. I have never been to find a picture of it published. Guess my pics are too big; will have to work on them!
Davis Case.jpg
Davis Case.jpg (140.48 KiB) Viewed 5385 times
Hope this better!
El Numero Uno
Serious Collector of Early & Rare Ruger No.1 Rifles
www.classicsportingarms.com
Ruger1nut

Re: Wheel of Rugers

Post by Ruger1nut »

Lee that is one hell of a case. You have filled it well.
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

That is cool....love all that fine Ruger Iron and stag grips! Would make a real eye catching display.
Bill
ElNumeroUno

Post by ElNumeroUno »

Now you can see it all! It is well made walnut, with the lock at the bottom to lock it.
Never was much of a Single Action collector, but I sure do like the Factory Stags! Had to get a few old RSS's and Flattops just to put them on.
The 10" 44 at 8:30 is the one I bought when I was 17. The other one at 3:30 is consecutive numbered to it that CH put me on over 20 years ago. The Ivory gripped RSS at 11:30 is the Davis #51. I can thank DF for telling me there was a set of Ivories in that Davis stuff somewhere. At 2:30 is the Davis #51 357 Flattop, the same one pictured at the top right corner of the Gunfacts cover.
El Numero Uno
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

LEE,

WOW!!! Not only a very neat case, but the guns and grips too!! And I thought you only had Number 1's ?
That would make a neat display at one of our shows too.

Vince
Coogs

Post by Coogs »

Lee, you may want to get a hold of Chad, I do believe, and I may actually have a copy of it................somewhere, there were actually two, if I remember correctly, "wheels", one flattops, and one single sixes, the catch is they were all the "Nickel plated" guns. Every now and again one of those have seemed to turn up that letters. Pat Welch had one at one time and Jeff really tried to talk it out of him but would never say why. Back in those days it was real hard to get them to letter an item like that. Can't remember if those nickel guns were cased, or just on a board, just my 2 cents, Coogs.
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

That is a beauty! Isn't there a wheel of 8 RST6's that are chrome plated somewhere? I have seen pictures of it in a few different books
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
JussBad

Post by JussBad »

Lee
Super nice and enjoy the stag grips as well. Here is a picture of some 357 Flattops that I have.
ElNumeroUno

Post by ElNumeroUno »

Gary,
Nice! Very nice!
I am reminded that the Texas Gun Collectors have had a couple of Shows with the theme "Parade of Walkers" and "Parade of Patersons". We all ought to get together sometime at Tulsa and present a "Parade of Ivory and Stag".
Can you even imagine about a 100 or so (or more)of these lined up on a few tables.
Lee
El Numero Uno
JussBad

Post by JussBad »

I would make a special trip for that show. I really like ivory but stag is probably my favorite. I buy them when I can.