Includes all Pre-1973 Old model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Super Bearcats, Hawkeye
and Black Powder Old Army.
- Posts: 79
- Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:16 am
I bought these grips from Donnie Findley in Tulsa quite a few years ago. I have not seen another pair and thought I would share these. The Blackhawk 44 Magnum they are on will turn 60 in July.
- Posts: 409
- Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 3:22 am
Nice looking old Flat Top with some unusual old model grips! Some of us call them rosewood, but mine look just like yours with a dark tone and an almost oily feel. Great gun and a lasting image of one of Ruger's best. Thanks for sharing. Brass Frame/Lee
- Posts: 367
- Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:27 pm
- Location: KY
NRA Endowment Life Member
- Posts: 1267
- Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 2:31 pm
- Location: Alabama
A fine looking setup, great grips on a great gun.
- Posts: 315
- Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:14 pm
- Location: Olympic Peninsula
I do not "own" these guns, I am but the next caretaker
- Posts: 705
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:51 am
I bought these grips from Jack Behn who was Ruger's purchasing agent many years ago.
- Posts: 324
- Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:56 pm
- Location: Illinois
Very nice indeed Doc,
Absolutely no question some of Ruger's most beautiful grips out there are on the .44 BH's & SBH's.
Gene, Liberty Forever
COL GENE LINKS
U.S. ARMY Retired
- Posts: 129
- Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:17 pm
- Location: Near North Woods
Need to look in my box of XR3's to see if I have any..........
- Posts: 122
- Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:28 am
Rosewood XR3's are definitely rarities!!!
Thanks for adding provenance for that set Donnie. I had previously thought that perhaps a stick of rosewood got in Sile's pile of Ruger grip wood.