Ruger sight screwdrivers

Anything Ruger related.
RoninPA

Ruger sight screwdrivers

Post by RoninPA » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:35 am

Did Ruger ever pack a sight adjustment screwdriver in with ANY handgun sold?

This came up on rugerforum.com where a guy was asking if Ruger sold screwdrivers to adjust his GP100 sights. One guy said "I don't know if they sell them but when I bought my P85 and my Security 6 years ago there was a screwdriver in the box with them."

I asked him to send me a picture and the picture he sent was a S&W screwdriver that used to be packed in with their revolvers with a cleaning rod, brush, and sometimes a mop.

I have never received a screwdriver with any of the Ruger handguns I have bought new over the years.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron

Doc4429

Re: Ruger sight screwdrivers

Post by Doc4429 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:56 am

I suppose you should "never say never", but I bought my first Blackhawk .357 and Super Blackhawk in 1967 and many more since then and have never seen a sight screwdriver by Ruger.

Bill

flattop44

Post by flattop44 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:24 am

I have never heard of one being included with a gun.
Bill

O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:32 am

I have been buying Rugers since the early 60's and have never seen a screw driver or any other tool packed with them.
O M CRAZY

SteveRuger

Post by SteveRuger » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:20 am

I have never seen or heard of a screw driver being shipped with any Sturm Ruger gun either I have seen a lot of guns over the years & seen a lot of 'Stuff" someone said was from the "Factory".
I will say those old S&W screw drivers command a pretty penny. IMHO.
Steve
GUN COLLECTORS.......Stewards Of America's Firearms Heritage!
God Bless Our Troupes, Especially Our Snipers!

RoninPA

Post by RoninPA » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:31 am

I tried to tell the guy that Ruger didn't supply screwdrivers with their guns and he finally said he must have been mistaken. What he showed was definitely a S&W screwdriver and they do fetch a good amount when in good condition. I did see some on eBay and the prices could be pretty good for the later model ones. The early models are pricey.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron

Watertender

Post by Watertender » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:08 pm

I had one of those S&W screwdrivers that a friend got with a Highway Patrolman. It has been lost thru the years but it was a nice little item.
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...