Doing more GP100 research

Includes the Six Series, Red Hawks, Super Redhawks, GP100s and SP101s.
RoninPA

Doing more GP100 research

Post by RoninPA » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:35 pm

Well, I'm still working on my GP100 listing and have been using Ruger when I need to. Have taken a different route in that I am also researching the Model numbers versus the descriptions and matching them up with the catalog numbers where I can find them.

One that I am 99.9% sure they made but I can't find a model number. Hesitant to email Ruger with just a description to see if they can give me a model number but I may have to. Here is the description:

GP100, Blued, .357 mag (or .38 Spl), 3" barrel, full under lug, ADJ SIGHTS (Ruger makes/made one in stainless (model 1708, KGP-131))

The catalog number would/should be GP-131 or GP-331 for the .357, GP-831 for the .38 Spl

I am sure I heard of this catalog number, and it may have been a TALO, Lipseys or Davidsons special but I'll be darned if I can find anything about it.

Two things, one I would like to get it added to my listing and two, more importantly, I'd like to get one to match my KGP-131 and add to my GP100 collection.

If anyone can point me in the right direction to search or has any info that I might be able to use to track it down I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you very much.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron

hittman

Re: Doing more GP100 research

Post by hittman » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:39 pm

Hey Ron,

That's another new one to me. Never heard of it or seen one before.
I'll keep an eye out and will report back if I learn something about one.