Some People Should Not Write Books

Includes the Six Series, Red Hawks, Super Redhawks, GP100s and SP101s.
Watertender

Some People Should Not Write Books

Post by Watertender » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:41 pm

While getting my vehicle serviced this morning I saw a book entitled "Small Arms Visual Encyclopedia". I had to take a look to see what it was about. I found several glaring mistakes and thought the ROCS should see this one. This must be a very rare revolver indeed.
ruger screwup (2).jpg
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...

RoninPA

Re: Some People Should Not Write Books

Post by RoninPA » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:02 pm

Go on Amazon and see all the 5 star reviews. There was just 1 One Star review and that person pointed out a good number of entries that were completely wrong in both description and photo/illustration.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron

RocDoc

Post by RocDoc » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:00 pm

Publishers make horrendous mistakes all on their own, even after the authors approve the final version. Maybe that happened with the example you show

Watertender

Post by Watertender » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:10 pm

The book is printed on slick paper so it is not suitable for either fire starting or outhouse use. The author and publisher both leave a lot to be desired.
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...