Ideas to encourage new displayers

Questions about the Ruger Collectors and Owners Society Inc.
contender

Re: Ideas to encourage new displayers

Post by contender »

Hey Rev RR,,,
You started buying that stuff long ago w/o any encouragements from me! :D We told you to have fun & you did,,,, spending $$$$$!
Tyrone

But you are right,, I think too many folks feel intimidated by THINKING they have to compete with such nice displays as most have become. WRONG!!!!!!

My first display was without a title, without a theme, and had a whole lot of odds & ends all over the place. NOT one of the other displayers criticized me, they just offered polite, gentle advice on how to do better. It was fun & still is!
Fox Mike

Post by Fox Mike »

I am one of those 'new guys' and have been asking questions. I have gotten some replies from a number of individuals and for that I thank you all. If, and I say IF, my health will allow it I just may have a display ready for Ohio next year. It will take me that long to try to get things set up the way I think I want to go.
Frank
Frank
Retired: 67Z5M
NRA
Maryland Shall Issue
Charlie1022

Post by Charlie1022 »

Frank, Yes we hope your health keeps improving and you can bring a display to Ohio next July. Like others have said KEEP it FUN!!!If you have any questions please post them and I am sure you will get several replies to answer your questions. The rewards in new friends and contacts are many when you display!
Charlie1022
Charlie1022
contender

Post by contender »

Frank,
Put together what you wish, don't stress over any of it, & remember it's first & foremost FUN! Stay healthy & we'll be looking forward to seeing you in Ohio!
Brass Frame

Post by Brass Frame »

Everyone is welcome to display and have a fun weekend at a ROCS show! Frank, send me your address and I will put you on the mailing list for details of the OGCA/ROCS show in July, 2015. I will sending out the first notification right after January 1, 2015. Everyone is welcome and need not have experience with a display. Feel free to contact me with any questions. Brass Frame/Lee. Cell: 419 265 6735
Charlie1022

Post by Charlie1022 »

What does everyone think if we start a display for favorite shooters of Ruger's the members actually shoot? I know I have the ones that I collect and display and then I have the ones that I like to shoot. I have several that I have I enjoy shooting from pistols to rifles. I have one 10/22 that I have over 125,000 rounds through it and it is still fun to shoot. I put fiber optic sights on it and the extended but stock pad to increase length of pull. It was the first 10/22 I bought back in 1971. I have a 357 Redhawk 501/2" that I have hunted and taken deer and varmints with along with a44 Super Redhawk that I have also done the same with. I have my M77 R 22-250 that has taken a truck load of varmints with. I have 6 of the 22 auto pistols that I like to shoot and have used to shoot competitions with. I am not just a collector but I also like to shoot my Ruger's.

So lets hear about your shooters!
Charlie1022
Charlie1022
markebrit

Post by markebrit »

Charlie are you going to Boise?
Charlie1022

Post by Charlie1022 »

Sorry but I will not make that show.
Charlie1022