Early Red Eagle

Includes .22 Standard, Mark I, Mark II, Mark III and all Centerfire Semi-Auto Pistols.
arcticruger

Early Red Eagle

Post by arcticruger »

Finally got my hands on an early red eagle. It arrived yesterday. Exciting day :)

Last edited by arcticruger on Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
jowdurt

Re: Early Red Eagle

Post by jowdurt »

Looks like a nice Version II or earlier. More pictures or s/n range would determine if it's a I, IA or II. I just picked up a II that is not in this good of shape. I still need a Ia and a IV to complete the series of eleven variations. Nice find.
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

WOW!!! That is beautiful. Thanks for showing us a drool worthy Red Eagle
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
arcticruger

Post by arcticruger »

Thanks guys! I feel both lucky and honored to have this in my collection.

Here’s a couple more pics.

jowdurt

Post by jowdurt »

That is a nice early Version I. A factory letter would tell you when it shipped. Quite possibly a 1949 production. My earliest Version I is a first month of production in 1949.

Congrats
rpm enterprises

Post by rpm enterprises »

Very nice
T.A. Workman

Post by T.A. Workman »

Sweet!
Congratulations.

Terry
NRA Benefactor
Life Mem MOPH
Life Mem USMC
Clyde "Jug" Johnson - Six-Gun Man
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Is that #500 or 600? Good score there. The box looks to be in great condition too!
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
rugerguy

Post by rugerguy »

very nice early RST -4, you should clean off that congealed oil on the bolt, acetone on a Q-tip , or better yet just simply soak the whole gun , remover the grips, out in a pan of kerosene over night, brush it off, blow it off with an air hose... swab the bore......I've seen some early guns that folks NEVER even took them apart, just soak and blow it off , kerosene is an oil base so it actually lubes the inner workings....again NICE# gun. My wife has one in that range about 60 or 80 numbers higher........don;t break the firing pin, they are EACH hand fitted, and the factory will "maybe"?? (Ha Ha) replace the whole bolt,,,,so DO NOT.......... 8-) :roll: ;)
chet15

Post by chet15 »

Great snag!!! And great serial number also!! Also see you got the box!
Was the original two page instruction manual with it as well??
Funny thing about those earliest Red Eagles, there are a lot of them that are in similar condition to yours or better. Seems a lot of people put the earliest examples away as safe queens.
Chet15