.327 Fed Mag long guns

Ruger8r

.327 Fed Mag long guns

Post by Ruger8r »

"My greatest fear is that, when I die, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them." Anonymous Collector
RocDoc

Re: .327 Fed Mag long guns

Post by RocDoc »

Been wishing Ruger would do this, maybe it will happen in a Marlin some day?
Ruger8r

Post by Ruger8r »

Yep, seems like a no-brainer in a Marlin.
Also seems like a good candidate for a rotary mag M77/.327 carbine. An RSI would Also be nice but probably unlikely since the .357 and .44 didn't get that treatment.
Those Henrys look really nice and their reputation is excellent. Love the wood, brass and deep blue look. Never handled one but I might have to get acquainted with one of these.
"My greatest fear is that, when I die, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them." Anonymous Collector
gunman42782

Post by gunman42782 »

Not to beat up your cartridge, but if they sold, Ruger would make them. I don't think the round has taken the shooting public by storm.
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
Ruger8r

Post by Ruger8r »

That's a good point but Ruger seems to have embraced the 4-in-1 round in wheel guns because they offer it across five product lines; Blackhawk, Single Seven, SP, GP and LC (R&X). I think I also read that Federal collaborated with Ruger on the development. There seems to be a consensus (or maybe hype) that it delivers near .357 energy with less recoil but a loud bark. Granted, that's not an issue for a long gun. Anyhow, interest seems to be growing so SR might have plans for a niche product.
I just acquired a super rare Seven that is in excellent condition but has been fired. Looking for some ammo. Maybe see for myself what the buzz is all about.
contender

Post by contender »

I have a few .327's by Ruger myself. I enjoy them for sure. But if they, (Ruger) decides to build any carbines,, I'd bet it'll be a while. Due to higher demands for other calibers first.

Those .327's are fun to shoot,, but factory ammo is HARD to find right now. Luckily,, I made sure I had plenty of brass long ago.
Ruger8r

Post by Ruger8r »

This ammo just became plentiful and cheaper than .32 h&r magnum.
https://ammoseek.com/ammo/327-federal-magnum
Last week the cheapest was .89@ at White Birch. So I bought some. Now look.