New from kc

Cartertank

New from kc

Post by Cartertank »

Thanks for having me. looking for info on a borderline red label I’ve recently acquired from a family member.
arcticruger

Re: New from kc

Post by arcticruger »

Howdy, Welcome aboard! Image
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Welcome to the fun! This is a great bunch of people who speak Ruger fluently. The collective knowledge here is amazing and it's freely shared.
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Welcome to the ROCS website, feel free to post away.
FT44
NC FNS

Post by NC FNS »

Welcome from the now 2nd to newest guy.
Cartertank

Post by Cartertank »

Thanks for the welcomes. I found a second hand copy of chads encyclopedia. I’m far from a knowledgeable gun owner but look forward to learning more.
gunman42782

Post by gunman42782 »

Welcome from KY!
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
SPAS 15

Post by SPAS 15 »

Welcome from the U.K.
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

Cartertank wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:08 am Thanks for the welcomes. I found a second hand copy of chads encyclopedia. I’m far from a knowledgeable gun owner but look forward to learning more.
Welcome to the forum. JUST REMEMBER - there are NO dumb questions on any firearms board. If you don't know, ask, people here will give you good informative answers and not belittle you. No one knows it all so don't be afraid to ask.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
Cartertank

Post by Cartertank »

That’s great to hear. I have been hesitant to ask a question I have. While cleaning the gun my bolt spring assembly was different than the ones in disassembly videos I watched. The spring wasn’t mechanically fixed to the front keeper. My terminology probably isn’t correct. Is this a what leads these earlier guns to being variants? My encyclopedia shipped yesterday I hope it’s here by the weekend.