ROCS/OGCA Show 2024

Anything Ruger related.
RoninPA

ROCS/OGCA Show 2024

Post by RoninPA »

2024 ROCS/OGCA Show/Meeting
July 12 (set up), 13, 14 2024

The ROCS/OGCA show is fast approaching. This is a fantastic show and we would love to see a whole bunch of Ruger displays. We are always treated exceptionally well by the Directors of the OGCA and the OGCA members (and their guests) who come really like our displays and ask a lot of great questions to learn about Rugers, both old and new.

I will be heading up the display Judging this year so I kindly ask you to send me your display title and your narrative about your display. Once I get what I need for the judging, I will forward your display info to the ROCS people who do what is needed to have it published in the Fall Journal for all to read and see the outstanding displays that ROCS members set up. Please submit this information in a Word format (.doc) it makes it easier to edit (if need be) and to send to those who need it.

Also, if you are going to display and are going to submit a Ruger firearm for consideration for the ROCS/NRA Silver Medal (one is given for Pre 1973 firearms and one for Post 1973 firearms) PLEASE send me the description of the firearm and when it was produced so I can set up the judging score sheets to make things easier for my judges. These Silver Medals are matched and recorded to the firearm and they stay with the firearm for life. Again a Word document is the easiest for all involved.

Speaking of Judges, I will need a minimum of 3 volunteers to be Judges. ROCS prefers them to be in the Master class but we can use those who have reached the advanced class. It’s really not hard and I can/will go over the ins and outs of judging. I have handouts that explains judging criteria and scoring and if you want I can email the sheet to you ahead of time. Please think about volunteering to be a judge.

With the way things are nowadays, if you don’t have my email address (you can find it in a ROCS Journal) you can PM me here and I’ll answer back with it and my phone number or email it to you. Just let me know.

Hope to see a whole lot of you at the OGCA show/meeting in July
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
Brass Frame

Re: ROCS/OGCA Show 2024

Post by Brass Frame »

Thanks for your input and I will add to Ron's request for volunteers. I am counting on a great attendance since we will have a special guest as our banquet speaker! We need many more reservations for tables and meals. Thank you to those who have already paid for your pre-pay banquets tickets. Lee E
twriggen

Post by twriggen »

Taryn and I are not going to be able to make it this year. We had a blast last year and look forward to next year, but just couldn't make it happen this year.

Regarding Ron's request for judges, I was talked, arm twisted would probably be a better term, into it in Tulsa last year and it was not as hard as I expected. I also feel it helped me as I worked on my next display as I thought through the questions on the judging sheet.
Troy

Possessions have a way of possessing their possessors. - Daniel L. Dustin
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Troy is exactly right, you learn a lot from judging. It really helps you know how to improve your display.
FT44/aka Bill
contender

Post by contender »

If y'all think I'm capable,, I'll help with judging.
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

Tyrone, I'd be more than glad to have you on my judging team, welcome aboard, you're the first volunteer.

Only 2 or 3 more needed. Don't be afraid folks, it's really not that hard and as you judge, you might see things that you might not have thought about when putting you own display together.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron