Question Have the No1 been discontinued

X1Ruger

Question Have the No1 been discontinued

Post by X1Ruger »

What is the official word from Ruger?
RocDoc

Re: Question Have the No1 been discontinued

Post by RocDoc »

X1Ruger wrote:What is the official word from Ruger?

Word is yes-dead, marked as discontinued on some GB auctions, many reports of same on various forums including this one, Rugerforum.com, maybe Rugerforum.net, although I rarely visit. No longer visit 24hour campfire, but id bet they are discussing same. I'm sure the serious #1 guys can tell you more than I can. All I know is get the new ones you want while you can. Seen and heard of some 'cleanups', some very disable but of course we all don't have the $$ to get everything we'd like to have.
zebra55

Post by zebra55 »

see close out string under Ruger no 1 single shots on this site for what others are saying
X1Ruger

Post by X1Ruger »

This is from the Ruger1 Group
[We have read a lot about Ruger discontinuing the No.1 Rifle. Some of the information presented seems to be conflicting.

While it is a good idea to write to Ruger Customer Service, there is no guarantee that Ruger management will ever read what you have written. They are also not in a position to make decisions such as discontinuing a product.

Most companies like to hear from their customers. My company has a person in charge of "Voice of the Customer" and we discuss the latest information at weekly R&D meetings.

Today I wrote to Mike Fifer, Ruger's CEO via "Tell the CEO" on Ruger's website.

I wrote a polite message expressing my disappointment in hearing that Ruger may have discontinued the No. 1 rifle. I explained that I have several No. 1 and No. 3 rifles as well as many other Ruger firearms and have been a customer of theirs for 36 years. I told him why I like the No.1 and why I think it shouldn't be discontinued. I asked him, if the rifle really is to be discontinued, to reconsider their decision.

After I submitted the email on their website I got a confirmation message. It said that Mike Fifer promises he will read every email he receives and he often shares the messages with others at Ruger. He says they get a lot of good ideas from customers. I take him at his word that he will read the email, and that's what counts.

Seldom do companies give customers a direct line to the CEO. I suggest that everyone that is upset by the possibility of losing the No.1 Rifle, tell the CEO their feelings. It won't be the first time a company changes it plans when they get a flood customers complaining about a decision.

Write the CEO at: https://ruger.com/dataProcess/tellTheCEO/]
ElNumeroUno

Post by ElNumeroUno »

I just received an email from Chris Killoy, the Ruger President, that the No.1 rifle is NOT discontinued and and will be in the 2017 production lineup. The WBR Centennial rifles are being made. I would also expect the 44 Magnums.
Lee
El Numero Uno
Serious Collector of Early & Rare Ruger No.1 Rifles
www.classicsportingarms.com
Big Old Boy

Post by Big Old Boy »

I still have my fingers crossed on the 44 mag thanks for the update.
Skipshot

Post by Skipshot »

Ruger #1's are alive and well. I just had my dealer order a No 1 in 44 mag - 20" barrel, through Lipsey's. I should have it by next Tuesday, according to my dealer.