What is your favorite Ruger to shoot?

Anything Ruger related.
Charlie1022

What is your favorite Ruger to shoot?

Post by Charlie1022 »

Many of us have guns that we do not shoot in our collections but lets hear about the ones you like to shoot. It might be a handgun, rifle, or even a shotgun that really is just plain fun to shoot and why. It might be really accurate or what ever makes it a joy to shoot. Just think of what would happen if we would start seeing displays of just a gun or two that they like to shot and get to tell others about it and why! Just think who does not like to talk RUGER!
Charlie1022
Charlie1022
Fox Mike

Re: What is your favorite Ruger to shoot?

Post by Fox Mike »

Probably my MK III Target is my most 'fun' gun. I really do not have a favorite as such. Seems the one I am, at that time, turning gunpowder into noise is the one I 'favor'.
Last edited by Fox Mike on Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frank
Retired: 67Z5M
NRA
Maryland Shall Issue
TEMIII

Post by TEMIII »

A Mark I, T514 that had a bit too many blemishes for the collection so I kept it for a shooter. It lives in a reproduction M7 shoulder rig and goes everywhere I do on the farm. Accurate and balanced - handles like an extension of your arm.
Coogs

Post by Coogs »

A Max, of course, but partial to my Hawkeye and a #1 in 9.3 x 74R. But, there agin, nothing beats puttin' 100+ rounds through a Garand. Coogs.
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

I am partial to a 10/22 International that I put together out of pieces. Picked up the stock online with a stainless muzzle cap. Took an older K10/22 action & put a newer K10/22 barrel on it to fit the stock. Also put a BX Trigger in it. The rifle fits perfectly & is accurate. It's a shooter for sure. I could swap the pieces back into the original rifles but this seems to be the right combination so am keeping it as is.
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
zebra55

Post by zebra55 »

When at home, I guess I'm partial to my single six. I can sit on the deck and plink at spinner targets. Why I like this better than the MKII is because I don't have to pick up brass when I'm done. I also like shooting my Red Labels when at the clay range. Both activities can burn up lots of ammo, thankfully, I can always get more.
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

My favorite fun gun(s) would have to be my MarkII equiped with a surpressor, and my 10/22 with a 30 round mag. That combo will burn up the ammo in a hurry!! :D

O M CRAZY
SteveRuger

Post by SteveRuger »

My favorite Rifle is my No.1 in 218 Bee it has dropped a lot of animals. Next is my Mark II Slade Side that is a lot of fun shooting Ground Squirrels!
Steve
GUN COLLECTORS.......Stewards of America's Firearms Heritage!
God Bless Our Troops, Especially Our Snipers!
Big Old Boy

Post by Big Old Boy »

I had a #1 in 218 and one in 22 hornet, both are gone but they stung a few woodchucks now I most enjoy my 1s in 45/70 and I do like my American in 300 bo.
Highstandardguy

Post by Highstandardguy »

I enjoy shooting all my Ruger .22s. However, right now, my favorite would have to be my stainless .357 Black Hawk with the 4.62" barrel. Great balance and easy to shoot for someone like me with small hands.