Ruger Insight Publication

All Memorabilia
O M CRAZY

Re: Ruger Insight Publication

Post by O M CRAZY »

Mr Abare can you tell us a little about yourself and maybe what your job was at the Ruger factory.

O M CRAZY
JAYDAWG

Post by JAYDAWG »

I would love to here about your time at Ruger Mr. Abare!

JAY
I do not "own" these guns, I am but the next caretaker
Woodcarver

Post by Woodcarver »

I was in charge of the mini-14 line mechanical inspection. I wish I would have stayed with ruger but being unable to make the assembly supervisor understand how to read blueprints I got tired of the darn fool and went back to mechanical inspection on the GE Gatling gun systems.
Woodcarver

Post by Woodcarver »

That picture of me was so long ago, but it does bring back fond memories . Ruger was one fantastic place to work! I worked close with the engineer for my line and together made improvements that made the gun even better. Only issue we had was the nut that ran the assembly area, that pain in the butt couldn’t read the instructions on how to empty water out of a boot even if they where on the bottom of the boot! He kept having guns sent back to be distroyed when I kept telling him it wasn’t the gun but he he bolt, I had a few bolts made to print dimensions and proved he was scrapping out hundreds of thousands of dollars. Could say more but I need coffee . Later friends