Colorful SR1911's part 2

Includes .22 Standard, Mark I, Mark II, Mark III and all Centerfire Semi-Auto Pistols.
O M CRAZY

Colorful SR1911's part 2

Post by O M CRAZY »

This is the last picture :oops:
Attachments
6735 (2).JPG
flattop44

Re: Colorful SR1911's part 2

Post by flattop44 »

Cool!
FT44
Charlie1022

Post by Charlie1022 »

Nice!!!!!!!
Charlie1022
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Liking both new and old I can get on board with that! Looks great. What's the story, please? I've not seen one before.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Disregard the question. I saw this post first.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

WHAT'S THE STORY? Well I can only give you my opinion. Ruger discovered how to add color to the polymer frames they cast giving them a method of increasing sales. Ruger now-a-days seem to be all about increasing sales. Adding color gives them, and their distributors, a method of introducing something new, and of increasing the inventory their dealers must carry, increasing their sales. They have had great success with thi s with the LCP's that now comes in all colors.
There are very few enhancement, if any, to some of these colored guns. This is just my opinion!

But it is a pain in the butt for a collector to keep up!! :D :lol:

O M CRAZY
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

I have seen the "Contractor Yellow" LCP but I can think of few construction sites where it would be welcome. Today most frown upon it. My father was a heavy equipment operator for 50 years & he carried his Winchester Model 62A Pump .22 on a lot of jobs. He dispatched plenty of critters with it during that time. Most of his work was putting in underground utility piping so there were a lot of possums & raccoons that got in the pipes. They would thrust a lit rosebud torch in the open end of the pipe & when said critter ran out dad would pop them. Not PC by any means but it got the job done
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...