ROCS & OGCA 2016 pics

Anything Ruger related.
contender

ROCS & OGCA 2016 pics

Post by contender »

I know Vince got some great pics,,, but since he's traveling & all, I'll post my pics of the displays. I started at the end of one aisle,, & went up one side, then I went back & did the same for the next aisle. My display was the first one on the first aisle I took.

Here is my display.

Here is Radical Rod's award winning display of 56,, (yes, 56) Flattop 44's. First place, Advanced!

Here is Tom's display, with serial number 357 OM 357 mag & the 50th anniv. serial number 357.

Next was Bill H's display of 44 Supers.

Here is Vince's smiling face, with his scratched up Rugers,,,! :D

Last edited by contender on Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
contender

Re: ROCS & OGCA 2016 pics

Post by contender »

Here is Matt's rare 41 mag brassie, that was used by the factory as a promo gun.

Here is Bill Hamm's 44 Flattops,, with the ultra rare, one of a kind 15" prototype. It won "Best Ruger of the Show."

Next aisle, Ron's DA display that won the Intermediate category.

Next is Bill R's "Legacy" display.

Jim's Single-Sixes in Transition is always a great display.

contender

Post by contender »

Here is one of my favorites,, as I have a soft spot for Hawkeyes.

I TRIED to get him to smile! :D

Byron's No 1's.

Wayne is smiling because he won the Novice category.

Here is Mike's "personality" display.

And last,,, but certainly not least, is Lee's No 1 display.

flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Great job Tyrone, thanks for posting the pics. All of the displays were first class!! It was a great show and fun time. I encourage everyone to come to some of these shows, you will enjoy it. We especially need more displayers to bring out their Rugers and share them with everyone. This will really help support our organization.
Bill
Charlie1022

Post by Charlie1022 »

Great job on the pictures and displays again this year. Sorry I did not have time to bring a display this time but glad I got to attend and see everyone and all the great displays.
Charlie1022
Charlie1022
Brass Frame

Post by Brass Frame »

Tyrone, I owe you a very big THANKS for posting your pictures!! You included many candid shot of some of our members!
Yes, we all had a great time,and a great banquet with auction. I really appreciate all who attended with several driving a very long distance. Displaying your Rugers is not all that hard and experienced members need to encourage the new members to try it. I hope we can increase the number next year and fill the whole aisle with Ruger displays! Brass Frame/Lee
d findley

Post by d findley »

Tyrone. Thank you for posting the Ohio pictures. Great displays. If you ever get a break from November hunting I'd like to welcome you to the November Tulsa show. You gotta see it to believe it. We'll save you a spot at the ROCS banquet table!
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

Tyrone,

Thanks for posting all the display pictures. I just returned home last evening and haven't even had time to look at the pics I took. So thanks again! As you all can see we had some great displays. I would like to see our new members come out and show us their favorite guns and/or collections. It is not hard to do, if you need help in doing so I and other members would be happy to guide you.

Remember our Tulsa show is this November and I hope we will see some new faces. There are still some display tables available so make your plans to attend, it will be a great show with lots of goodies being raffled and auctioned at our banquet. Remember all displayers have an oppertunity to win a new gun!
Ruger No.1

Post by Ruger No.1 »

Thanks for posting the pictures. Wish I'd been able to be there.
contender

Post by contender »

No problem posting the pics. It was a great show,,, and I too will echo that we need more folks displaying. (No excuses next year Charlie!) I was glad to see Wayne FINALLY do a display,,, after all the years of attending & just having fun. But we'll have to work on his math skills at the auction next year. :D

Tulsa would be nice! My buddy Tyson keeps trying to get me to agree to attend. I have a standing comment; " If I go west of the Mississippi in the fall, there had better be a hunting trip involved somehow."
I'm a sucker for mulies & elk.

Actually, I'd love to go & do the Tulsa show,,, but it is during the heavy "rut" for whitetails here. And since we rely upon my hunting to feed us all year,,, I spend a lot of time in the woods. But,,, one of these days,, I will do Tulsa.

The OGCA show is a good gun show. NOT full of junk, jerky, & trinkets. I was able to score a set of early walnut Ruger grips for $30, a set of M77 rings for $10, 2 Dillon SDB toolhead sets for $35, a few older & rarer books with a lot of Ruger stuff in them for $1.00-$1.50 each, a set of SBH walnuts for $15, an old .22 SS cylinder box & red felt bag for $12, and several other goodies. I also managed a 4 digit 41 mag shortie for $425.00. All you had to do was look closely! But my best score was a set of OM parts, that came out of a SBH,,, for a princely sum of $20.00!
Last edited by contender on Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.