.300 Win Mag 1V value and possible whereabouts?

No. 1 and No. 3
whiteboy

.300 Win Mag 1V value and possible whereabouts?

Post by whiteboy »

New to the forum and have a good first post (I hope!)

First, let me say what a great forum this is and what great people the members are. It's a pleasure to be a member here!

So, long story short, years ago my dear father very foolishly traded off a .300 Win Mag 1V and now has a burning desire to (hopefully) reacquire it or another like it and has enlisted my help with his search... To help him on his search, I told him I would post this on the forum for him and see if I could get some info for him.

With that being said, I was hoping to get an idea of the market current value for a .300 WM 1V as well as possibly any info on his old #1's whereabouts on the off chance anyone should have heard of or seen it.... We both realize the chances are slim to none that he'll actually ever find his old #1, but it's worth a shot!

From his old notes, he has this info; Ruger 1V s/n 131-26657, Caliber: .300 Winchester Magnum, 24" heavy barrel, target scope blocks, 1978 production (?), semi-beavertail forearm, well figured stock (no dings), condition like new, no box or papers. Traded to Fox Firearms in GP (Grants Pass, OR.). Update: Rifle sold from Fox, believe to local Ruger collector.

So... If dear old Dad could find this beast (or one just like it), what would a fair price in today's market be?

And because I'm curious, is this a rather rare #1? I know from J.D. Clayton's book that a non-prefix .300 WM 1V is a rather rare model, but what about a 131- prefix model?

Our sincerest and many thanks for any and all information!

Steve
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
zebra55

Re: .300 Win Mag 1V value and possible whereabouts?

Post by zebra55 »

I will leave putting value on it to those more knowing, but as far as locating where one is, there is a guy on the RCA forum that has got one and is asking for information....doesn't mean that he will sell it,,but he has one

It is located in the "Questions about the RCA or a Ruger you own" forum and his user name is troutbum...hope this helps
whiteboy

Post by whiteboy »

zebra55...

Sorry for delay in the thanks on the lead. Was out of town for work. Hoping that any forum members that are #1 collectors can add some insight to this...
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
zebra55

Post by zebra55 »

remembered your post there is a 1v 300 wm on GB 1250 buy now ... item no and specs below

Ruger No. 1-V Varminter 300 Win Mag

1 0 $1,250.00 4d 1h +